The Sounds of Jazz First
Here are some jazz standards performed by the Jazz First Trio with Joe Whalen on piano, Chris Guild on bass, and Dave Morin on drums. Except for “Witchcraft”, they were recorded at the Soul Shop Studios in Medford, MA [www.soulshoprecording.com].
We are very grateful to Ed Guild for arranging this session!
1. Almost Like Being in Love (by Frederick Lowe)
2. When Sunny Gets Blue (by Jack Segal & Marvin Fisher)
3. Witchcraft (by Cy Coleman) [recorded at 2009 Jazz Supper Club at First Church, Nashua, NH]
4. Just in Time (by Jule Styne)
Also in the Soul Shop sessions we recorded some songs with the Glowka brothers: Bill is on tenor sax and Vic plays alto sax. This is an example of a full ensemble sound that Jazz First can provide:
1. Take the A Train (by Duke Ellington/Billy Strayhorn)
Jazz First also works with vocalists!
Here’s a song performed by vocalist Debbie Nordyke, backed by the Jazz First Trio. It was recorded at the First Church Jazz Supper Club on March 28, 2009.
1. Someone To Watch Over Me [Debbie] (by George Gershwin)